By Jak Burke,
Adjusting to our new bodies after our baby can be a challenge. The reality is that our belly may never be the same again – but why should it? Our amazing body created then grew another human being for 9-months. Our belly is like a temple to life. Accepting the changes and loving ourselves back into shape can get a little help though.
Enter: Belly Wraps and Girdles. These wraps aren’t the ones your elderly aunts wore … these wraps, corsets and girdles rock! They don’t just look good, feel comfortable – they also work to help you reduce your waist width.
#1 Thalia, by Leonisa Firm Control Lace Trim Bodybriefer
We love this all in one sexy corset. Available in 3 colors. Pretty lace trim at the leg openings is a lovely accent. It provides firm control and shaping with adjustable straps. Wear with your own bra to create the shape you desire. Ultra-flat front zipper closure. Wide, supportive band to wear strapless. Special design to define waistline. Controls entire tummy and back. Designed to lift rear. Lined at gusset with closure. Hits at upper-thigh with lace trim. Hand wash.
#2 Spanx Corset
The Boostie-Yay at $84 is a high-end stylish corset. Retro-inspired, comfortable corsetry minus the pulling and squeezing—Boostie-yay! This waist-nipping style offers super-duper slimming while comfortably contouring the silhouette in a chic new way.
- Targeted tummy taming thanks to super-duper tummy panel and boning
- Smart release at hips for comfortable, flattering fit
- Structured fit ensures good posture
- Invisible hook & eye closure in back for easy on and off
#3 Bellefit Girdle
Bellefit Dual-Closure Girdle $165.00. This corset is designed for C-section births.
- Bellefit Double Corset is Doctor recommended.
- Provides support for pendulous abdomen after pregnancy.
- Helps straighten the spine after nine months carrying the baby.
- Right compression prevents enlargement of fatty cells.
- Helps the uterus go back to its place in less time.
- Easy access to the groin with convenient flap with hooks.
- Stays in place and offers overall support.
- Won’t roll down your back or ride up your buttocks.
- Helps you perform daily duties without feeling the aftermath effects of an overweight belly.
- Aids emotionally since you want to look nice and fit as soon as possible.
- Highly necessary on the second or third pregnancy.
- Great for lymphatic drainage; decreases the risks of fluid collection and helps reduce swelling.
- Perfect to use after surgery not only for C-Section, but also Hysterectomy, Diastasis-Recti.
Begin wearing after birth on the day that you are discharged from the hospital. It’s optimal to begin wearing Bellefit right after birth; however, you will still see results if you begin to wear your girdle at any time during the first 6 months after the delivery. Here’s why: Still present after childbirth for up to 6 months are hormones secreted during pregnancy. These hormones, Estrogen, progesterone and relaxin loosen the abdominal muscles, the pelvic structure and supporting ligaments and joints. Bellefit works together with your body’s natural process of recovery. The Girdle/Corset acts to retract the body by drawing in stretched muscles and provides medical-grade compression to your abdominal area. We have even heard great testimonies from Moms that began using Bellefit up to 8-10 months postpartum and were able to benefit greatly from its use.
#4 Ms Panty
After a Vaginal delivery Ms Panty Post Baby Panty supports and slims your post baby belly $24:99. The right amount of anatomically-focused compression on the front of the abdomen, where new moms want and need it most, provides discreet, wear-anywhere slimming and support for the baby belly.
Postpartum recovery panty
Medical-grade compression over abdomen shrinks uterus and speeds recovery
Reduces swelling and shapes post baby belly
Supports abdominal muscles weakened from pregnancy
Designed for after vaginal delivery with compression only, no silicone like C-Panty for after c-section deliveries
Fabric: 92% Nylon, 8% Spandex, machine washable
C Section Recovery/Waist Trainer bundle $219:99 This kit consists of 3 different types of compression garments for a complete recovery: the Ultra Bikini, the Original Bikini and the Belly and Hip Shaper. Wear the following garments for different stages:
(1) First 3 weeks – wear the Ultra Bikini AND the Belly & Hip Shaper over it for extra compression
(2) Next 3 weeks – Alternate between the Ultra Bikini and the Original TOGETHER with the Belly & Hip Shaper for extra toning.
(3) Weeks that followed – Wear any of the garments alone for continuing support.
Results should be noticeable in about 3-4 months (results vary with individuals) if garments consistently worn throughout the day/night.