Original post by Mamava,
Awesome new mommy brand Mamava has identified a list of the ultimate breastfeeding supplies that help make breastfeeding more successful. More success means a longer and more fulfilling breastfeeding experience for both mama and baby. Healthier mamas and babies mean healthier families and communities.
1. Aeroflow’s Insurance Covered Breast Pumps: They’ve made it easy to get your breast pump through insurance so you have time to focus on more important things.
2. Apple Park’s Layette: Organic cotton cuteness without end.
3. Bamboobies Boob Ease & Breast Pads: All natural and gel-free pads that can be warmed or chilled.
4. Boobie Beads: A great selection of fashion-forward beads for little ones to hold when nursing or teething.
5. Earth Mama Booby Tubes & Nipple butter: We’re big fans of Earth Mama/Angel Baby’s Natural Nipple Butter because it’s organic and lanolin-free.
6. Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump: A total game changer. Breastfeeding mamas can use it to hand express milk from the other breast at the same time and get up to 4 ounces.
7. Kinwolfe Maternity Wear: Beautiful prints and smart design for comfort and elegance.
8. Loyal Hana Breastfeeding Apparel: We love their brilliant side zipper design.
9. Mamamor Dolls: Possibly the cutest dolls around?! Plus, a great way to introduce a baby brother or sister’s main food source to curious siblings.
10. Mamava Mobile App: The best lactation room location app available, because bathrooms are never acceptable.
11. Medela Easy Expression Bustier, Milk Storage Bags, Harmony Manual Pump & Pump Wipes: A legendary one-stop shop for everything mama milk-related!
12. My Brest Friend: Finding a comfortable place and position to sit is important for a good latch. This nursing pillow fits the bill perfectly!
13. Nipple Hats: Etsy hosts an amazing collection of sweet knit hats that might inspire you to start knitting yourself, but if not, you’ll find plenty here to choose from!
14. Oat Mama Lactation Granola Bar: Delicious bars with ingredients like Fenugreek known to boost milk supplies. Made by breastfeeding moms for breastfeeding moms.
15. Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra: Easy to adjust bra with velcro so that mamas can use the bra even as their breasts change size over time.
16. Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Bottle: Shaped like a nipple to make latching easier and to ease your little one’s transition to a bottle!
17. Traditional Medicinal Mother’s Milk Lactation Tea: Organic tea made with fennel and anise to support milk supply. Plus, yummy and soothing.
18. UpSpring Milkscreen Strips: An easy 2-minute way to test your milk and make sure it’s safe and eliminate doubt when it comes to pumping and dumping.
19. Work. Pump. Repeat: Jessica Shortall’s book is everything moms need to know about returning to work as a breastfeeding mom. She literally wrote the book on it.
Mamava is a business dedicated to transforming the culture of breastfeeding. Their first product (we hope there are many to come!) is a freestanding lactation suite. It provides privacy, cleanliness, and all you need to use a breast pump or nurse an infant — while simultaneously reminding passersby that breastfeeding should be supported and celebrated by all of us because of the good it does for babies, women, families, and society in general. That is to say, nursing moms are everywhere, and they need our support.
“We have never wanted to hide breastfeeding — our goal is to do just the opposite by raising the profile of this natural human function, and celebrating the realities of the logistics involved in taking on breastfeeding for the many, many mothers who need to be away from their babies. Every day we receive tweets, emails and Facebook messages from moms thanking us for what we do. There’s nothing more rewarding.”